Hello everyone,
I'm so glad that you like the "nian gao" I made today. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients:
Rice glutinous flour 1 bag (it is also called sweet rice flour, see the following picture)
Rice flour 1 cup
milk 3 cups
egg 3
Butter 1/2 cup
sugar 1.5 cups
baking powder 2 tsp
vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
1. Mix well all the ingredients, and pour the batter into a large baking pan.
2. put 1 can of red bean paste evenly into the batter (don't stir), then sprinkle walnut on the top.
3. Bake 350F for 40-50 minutes.
The top and bottom are the same.
This is the rice flour.
Two people gave me plates of nian gao, but they were the traditional recipes -- not as good as this recipe. I found out that have to eat it right away because it gets hard and stale after two days. I've eaten enough nian gao to last for the year. Nian nian you yu.
ReplyDelete